© 2018 SOCIAL MARKET ANALYTICS, INC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Please contact Social Market Analytics, Inc if you wish to reproduce or license any content on this site.
Notice and Procedure to Alert SMA of Suspected Copyright Infringement
Note: The following information is to facilitate providing information regarding copyright material that may have been infringed. All other inquiries, such as requests for technical assistance, reports of e-mail abuse, and piracy reports, will likely not receive a response through this process.
Social Market Analytics (SMA) is committed to the values Intellectual Property rights. We take swift action when notified of suspected copyright infringement.
In our new and rapidly changing field of Social Media, it is often difficult to discern ownership of copywritten material. We appreciate your patience and dliligence in assisting our efforts to respect the your rights, and the rights of others.
Written notification must be submitted to Webmaster@socialmarketanalytics.com
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- If there are any acceptable alternatives to simply removing the content, it is best to propose them at this time.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Response to Notification
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- Service Provider shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Service Provider shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer ("Subscriber");
- Service Provider shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
The Service Provider enforces a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of the accounts of subscribers who are repeat infringers.
To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to the Service Provider's Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The Subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Service Provider may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person
Response to Counter Notification
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- Service Provider shall promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- Service Provider shall inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
- Service Provider shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Service Provider's Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Service Provider's network or system.